Sunday, March 19, 2006

This is Life

Life is like this.......
i went to my cousin's marriage yesterday.......A girl cousin's marriage.......the girl cousin who is jus older to me.......al these things are much imp than the marriage to me.......clad in flowing zardosi sarees......me n my sis looked arnd for a dark corner n sat down....we dint want to be in ppl's sight.......but invariably......my atta(dad's sister) calls out to me......i see few ladies lil away from me.......i can visualise 'Start camera....Lights....Action' in my mind now...... n here comes the Action.......I put on the most Plastic n Elastic smile on my face n walk towards them......these auntie ladies ask me my name n wat im studyin.....well it doesnt end here.....their next question wud be"bagaa chaduvutavaa nuvvu?"(do u study well?)......."oh no...not really...im tryin my level best to flunk in al the subjects this sem n repeat al over again".......how much i wish i cud reply back like this......n then my atta takes over....."chala buddimanturaalu(well behaved)......chalaa baga chaduvutundi(studies well).......infosys lo job vachhesindi(she has a job at infy).......inka sambhandhaalu vetukamani valla nannaki cheppesaanu(i told her dad to serach matches for her).....meeru kooda teliste cheppandi(tell me if u know some matches)".....oh my god..it mite sound cliche but it happens...it happens al the time n this time much more vigorously coz im carryin the "Im Next in Line" tag now.........n the worst part of it bein tht we have to jus keep goin arnd to be in ppl sight......such a hell it is.....If u are thinkin tht this is the end of it....No its certainly not.......my own relatives now turn up to me sayin"aaaaa inka next nuvve ne....nee pelli ki kooda ilage chestam(ur the next one to get married...we will be doin al this for ur marrige too)"........well nobody here is bothered abt wat i want.......tho girls like me have been bold enuf to tell wat they want....it really doesnt make a diff to them......such a sick system it is......i respect the concern my ppl have for me...but they jus want girls like me to get married so soon....like girls are born n do graduation jus to get married......n i really dunno if its jus happiness tht they get out of it.......nevertheless.....I got used to it n not complainin abt it ne more......whenever i go to marriages......all i have to do is......"Start camera....Lights.......Action"

5 comments:

Harika Korukonda said...

well! tht was a typical sahithi type of a narration...re-re-re-telling the same thing...wel i dnt want to criticize it coz i always loved it!...loved(past tense)[:p].....bt hey thts an art so dnt give it up....well abt the stff in the blog, i empathise with u for evry word written....n nw i cn actually divert all the matches coming for me to u( well!! finalllyyy an advantage of gettin a gal friend of same caste)..ok so comin to sme serious stff...i actually believ u cn deal very well with all tht stff....u wnt give up ur attitude for anything(i strongly believ!!!)...so dnt get too pissed off with thes experiences...u cn actually derive confidence from them....sooooooo much competiton for being ur groom!!!(doesnt tht sound gud???!!!)

Harika Korukonda said...

n hey i strongly believe tht once u r posted to infy banglore...ur parents ll b left with no other choice...heheh....ok so nw u knw tht i posted this separatly coz this is very much prone to deletion once she derives the true meanin of it!!

bullwinkle said...

You can just ignore such situations by not going to marraiges, functions etc. But "you are next in line" is a painful tag.... :p ... get over it....not much u can do....wait for summer and pack ur bags to blore...

Sahithi Paleti said...

@anjani
hey i never said i don wanna marry or i hate marriage n i wanna be single.Im jus fed up with this monotonous multitasking adopted to get girls married in telugu households :).i only meant to put forth my view on tht aspect n im very much ready to marry if i find the right person.Jus tht i hate making rounds in parties and marriages to fall into ppl's eyes.any girl with self dignity wud mind it n im sure u wud have come across something like this :)Thanx for the advice.

freak-y said...

or!?
u can do this,
go on and prented that you want to marry then and there, and make one hell of a scene, and let people know that you are insane ;)!!

if u want to be more consevative in getting off all your troubles, follow the three step process

1)lay off the plastic and elastic smile. grin dont smile. laugh loudly, dont ever ever smile!!

2)keep repeating the same thing again "enti? naku sariga vinapadaledu, koncham malli cheptara?" or "endukalagaaa :P"

3)if all else fails, u go for this "i love the groom ;)" :))

seriously speaking, i hate ppl marrying "off" thier girls anytime before 24, the very idea of planned marraige is insane. wud love to know what they were thinking, and prove them wrong