Saturday, February 21, 2009

Everything happens for a Reason!

Hey Exams time! and I felt like blogging a small post before exams begin! dont worry its not doubts and queries abut exams!

Everything happens for a reason is wat I always believed in! and It would ultimately lead to something gud if u direct it in the right path!

today I suddenly realised how lucky i am! Dont worry, the reasons are as crappy as my Fin grades! :P

I was given a door which doesnt fit properly into the space and it shud be sort of pushed into the space to fit properly! first day of college, I didnt like my room for tht one reason! Wanted to change badly but decided to wait for two more days until things settle down. And in those two days, i realised tht i didnt have to bolt my door from inside since it is pushed into the space to fit it n it stays thr until someone pushes it from outside.Lo Behold! here comes the best part. I dont have to get up and open the door of my room if someone knocks it! I just ask them to push it and it opens offff!!!! Woah! Lucky me! And now after three quarters, no one even knocks my door and all my bewarse frends just barge in by pushing it open since they know its never bolted from inside! waaah! God wanted me to be lazy u see!

I hated the fact tht my room was too small and not even 4 ppl at a go can sit in my room. Then over the time, I placed my table such a way that I dont have to get up to pick something on the table. I can be on my bed, bend and pick up stuff from the table! I think its an Optimised solution! :P

I started studying OM(Operations Management) and i suddenly realized how better can OM help me in my room layout. where to place the table, where to place the two racks, where to place the chair, minimise the no of trips to door and table and cupboard, where to place my shoes and chappals so tht dirt doesnt get too much into the room, where to place the bag so tht i dont have to bend to pick it up on my way to door, where to place my buckets so tht i can rush to take bath at 7.59am for 8am class, where shud my iron go so tht I dont have to keep packing n unpacking it, where shud my lappy go, which shelves shud be given for books, which ones for eatables, which ones for toothbrush paste powder deo etc(so as to minimise hand extension done to reach it :P, where shud my alarm clock go, where shud my timetable be pasted(currently on the back side of door), what shud be distance between bed chair and dustbin so tht I can throw waste directly into it without getting up from where i am!!!! Phew!!!!!!!! Yes, I am done talking now!

If any of my frends see this post! they will scream in unison tht the available space doesnt even demand an optimised solution since thr cant be more than one solution possible :P....but I say there can be! Tht is wat Om is all about!OM shanti OM! May OM help my roOM!

Back to studies now!

6 comments:

driftwood said...

am out sourcing my work re!! design my room now!!! i hope we can use OM to optimize ur blog lengths too :P

Guruprasad S said...

so many variables (bucket , books , paste , dustbin , door , chappal , lappy etc .. ).. and an optimum solution.. did u figure out ur own strategy model ? .. feel u can patent it.. and hence whoever sets up their room shld pay u some royalty !!!

Unknown said...

@ Nag - I agree with you.. totally!!

@Sahithi - :p Good one! Keep it up!

Sahithi Paleti said...

@ Arjun
yeah yeah! I get the inside joke :P
@ Lavy
Room optimization...yes we can.....blog post optimisation....na na na naaa na!
@ Guru
No patenting....I believe in giving gyan and knowledge for free :P....however I wudnt mind gifts and parties :P

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice idea! :D
after exams, design ur room layout and post it here :D
Awesome work of applying our subjects! Who d think of comparing a manufacturing plant solution to hostel room! :D

Anonymous said...

hey u picture the things nice ,i was jss searching interview at iit's n found your post.i loved it an read it so many times.